Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Saigon Post Four

Here is the next Saigon Scarf chart, and it should keep you knitting for quite a few days. I did 12 repeats for mine. The next two charts, to be posted in the next two weeks, will be for the more adventurous. If you're feeling more conservative I will post alternate direction, but for those of you who are willing to give in to something different, join me as I morph from this chart to the next when I post again.
The long road of scarf is coming together. I had a wonderful evening with my daughter, swapping tunes on YouTube. If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. My daughter showed me a little Avril Lavigne and Vanessa Carlton and I showed her some Avril Lavigne doing Bob Dylan and Counting Crows doing Joni Mitchell, and we did a little Avril Levigne's version of Bob Dylan's "Knocking on Heaven's Door" with my daughter singing and me playing guitar, having a long discussion about protest songs and war, today and in 1973 when I was the same age as my daughter..I had a good momma moment. So back to knitting... Here is where you can see Chart 2 knitted, details below. Please be sure you review all the previous posts with "Saigon" as the label before you start this project, because we are several posts in. I insist. The next post will be up early next week, and might include more food and less knitting because I am cooking for Thanksgiving and that is my most favorite holiday of all.

The kitty says "knit on!" Meow.

4 comments:

  1. Thank-you very much. Wait until I post the food next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi to the Bad Cat from Dallas' four very bad cats and their mom. I must tell you I love the Saigon Shawl and have been trying to download it all evening. The unfortunate thing is, I can't. and neither can my computer geek husband. I need it to be in PDF form to get it to download. I really would love to be able to do it so is it possible to get a copy of it in some other format?
    Ann Carpenter and the Furherd in Dallas, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann,
    I have no way to send you a private reply because you did not leave me an email address, so here is the public reply! The files are jpgs, and I'm sure your computer can deal with a jpg, which is what many photograph files are. You do not need to download anything. Just click on the chart to get it larger, set your printer up to print it in landscape view and print. If you want to save it, select "save picture," and save it. I do not have any way to store pdf files on this blog so if you want to knit along you have to work with the jpgs. Sorry you are having trouble with it. Meow to the cats!

    ReplyDelete