Sunday, April 19, 2009

The gift that gives twice!

My friend Sandra gave me a lovely gift for my recent birthday. She gave me some silver chain, a clasp, assorted head pins and assorted crystals. She had a necklace in mind and figured I would know what to do.
The chain was about twice as long as my favorite length, so I folded it in half, with one loop slightly longer than the other. I added the clasp to one side, using a head pin with a crystal to secure it. I added a ring to the other side the same way.
I put a crystal on each head pin and did my usual wire-wrap dangle, leaving the final closure of the loop and wrappings undone. Once I had all the crystal ready as above, I organized them in a way I liked and put the partially done wire-wrap on the chain, then completing the wire-wrap.
Here you can see my tools and the chain with some of the dangles already added. If you would like to see how I make the wire-wrap dangles, check out this tutorial! I not only get to wear this lovely necklace, but I got to be crafty too! What a perfect gift.
I'll be back next week with more fiber fun. Until then, knit on!

3 comments: