1) She used JaggerSpun Zephyr in white, size 1US (2.25mm) needles
2) Her blocked gauge was 22 stitches to 4 inches (5.5 per inch) with final dimensions of 22.5 by 72 inches point to point. (Not including the longer point of the corners)
3) She added the extra twist in the corner like Kim did. To make it easier to graft, on the final corner she put the cable in one row early. Mary says: "This was the most fun pattern that I have worked on in a long time. Usually I stop part way through the edging because I am just bored of it, this one I was so excited to see what it would look like all together that I couldn't leave it unfinished." Didn't she do an amazing job???
The next gorgeous photo to arrive was from Michele, a week later (still pretty darn fast!)
Michele sent me the following information:
1) She used Cashwool #987 and 2.mm Addi lace needle.
2) Her finished size was 18" by 72"
3) Her favorite pattern was "Spiders."
Michele says : "Just wanted to thank you for sharing your design with me all summer long.
I looked forward to each installment and enjoyed each pattern." The cat says "You are so welcome!"
Mary and Michele will both be getting two balls of Lacey Lamb, in this lovely color, thanks to my Friend Jane at Jade Sapphire Yarn Company. THANK YOU, JANE! That way at least these two knitters will be totally ready for our Summer Sampler 2009, right?? (just kidding, I think...)
Please continue to send me pictures of your work, and I'll post another group of your Summer Samplers once I have a few collected. No more prizes except the joy of sharing your pictures!
I'll be back in a few days with some madness and mayhem. Until then, knit on!