Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Summer! Swatch Me Week One...

The Mimosa are in bloom, and that could only mean one thing. Summer is here! The Swatch Me group is ready to roll. In case you are late to the party, the Swatch Me project group will remain open all summer long. If you like what you see, check out the details here and join us! I thought I would give you a peak at what we are doing on week one. First of all, we are doing a tutorial on my preferred fingerless mitt construction. The pictures below are from the tutorial, but the pattern is something new that will be ready November 2010. These have textural patterning on the hands and the thumb gussets and are worked in Malabrigo Sock Yarn.
Here is the cheesecake shot, for good measure...
Our Swatch Me patern for week one is called Peacock. You can see my bookmark swatch, which was knit with one of those cute skeins of yarn that I spun up a few weeks ago.
This week we are also starting a Summer Swatch Me mitt pattern using the same construction technique shown in the tutorial. These mitts showcase pattern one, Peacock. The yarn is ShaSha from Land O Lace, in the Duluth colorway.
And of course, the charming BadKitten, forever humoring her mother.
Finally, here is a photo from the main Swatch Me project, our sampler. Once again Peacock, our first stitch pattern! I think that will keep everyone busy for a week, don't you? Until next week, knit on!

1 comment:

  1. Although I am a great fan of your patterns I can´t follow you this summer. I loved to knit the Sampler in 2008. It is my finest piece. Good luck with your summer knitting.

    ReplyDelete