Saturday, September 8, 2007

A distraction...

so you would forgive me for not getting Isis finished. I am on row 8 of the border. It is smooth going, but the rows are extremely long. If all proceeds as planned, I will finish and block it before I leave for Africa this coming week. I want to post a picture of 'The Veil of Isis' blocking and also the final charts before I leave. Stay tuned. The picture today is a basket full of woven ribbons. The widest in 1.25 inches, just for scale. They are each a few feet long. They are woven on an inkle loom in an assortment of cottons and silks. I like to do small color studies, combining colors I would not usually use in a larger project. I sometimes take color ideas from paintings or things in nature that I like, and do a Small ribbon to see how the colors work in a fiber medium. Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment